Sunday, March 04, 2007
Restoring Balance



Dear Diary and anyone who will listen,

I spent the day with a friend yesterday. I would even say dear friend. We haven't had that much interaction and most of these have taken place at social functions, but even through limited conversation I felt like I just needed and really wanted to get to know him. Yesterday was really the end of a bad month. Perhaps it was the beginning of a new time period? I think it can be both. The day was so completely rewarding. The conversation was fulfilling and never dull. I believe silence is ok but should never be awkward...though that wasn't an issue yesterday! Conversation spurred more conversation. It's funny how seeing someone from across the room you just know that person is someone you have to get to know. Glad I listened to that voice in my head? Nope, it was my heart. I am learning to listen more and act on it.

I can't discount the power of Thursday night's dinner either. I had planned a "get together" to tell people about a business I was starting. The "get-together" turned into a friend's birthday dinner and we had the birthday girl, her fiance, a friend of mine, my brother, and a friend of his stop by. My house hasn't seen so much action in quite some time! The walls were laughing and the table was rejoicing at finally getting used! I even ran out of food. Not used to cooking for a crowd!

My life is finally taking the turn I want it to. I have joined the ballet guild which gives me a community involvement which is what I have been yearning for. I have been searching for a way to donate time, money, efforts to people who are truly appreciative and passionate about what they do. I want to make a difference, you know? I want to give back and share my fortunate circumstances with others! Yet, at the same time, I have made some really cool contacts within the guild, the dancers, and those that make the ballet happen. I have also become to appreciate the ballet as an art. It helps when you get to see what all goes into a show and get to know the dancers behind the scenes. This, I feel, is their gift to me! We are all enhancing each other.

Anyway, that's about it for now. Thanks to all that have let me be me and learn my way through an expanding social circle and life's lessons. They never stop do they? I suppose the quicker we learn one lesson, the faster we can move to the next and with more wisdom from the prior!

Off to the gym to train the muscles now. Can brains get sore? I think mine might be.


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

welp i didn't know it was gonna be a makeup event...but i had a WONDERFUL pre-birthday..nite...especially my lovely HAIRY cake..hehe :) love my jaime..hehe...glad you are taking care of yourself and not trying to fix people...like you tell me all the time..hehe :) glad you are finding a place and hope and something YOU enjoy...love you!!! ;)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Expand and shed... Eagles molt their beaks and feathers throughout their lifetime to increase their ability to fly higher. During the time of molting, they are very vulnerable and in a weaker state. So, don't be rattled when you molt, shed what you are suppose to and your newer and improved life will be better then ever.

Blogger Jenny said...

And since I still need to hear more about the makeup stuff, we just have one more excuse to do it all again...and very soon! Hope you're having a better week. I'll be home tomorrow sometime, so tell Jaime to expect some more girl time coming soon to a living room near him! :)

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer