Monday, May 15, 2006
Folly Beach: The Edge of America
We arrived at the beach on Saturday around 3 p.m. It was nice and sunny but very windy. We had some parking issues at first b/c my bonus dad's niece was using the house as a parking spot for her beach party. After some rearranging, we fit everybody's cars in. Always room at the beach!
Two of my friends came out and we walked the dogs on the beach and let them galavant through the water and chase sand (as Atlas can be seen doing on his blogspot in the March archives). Later that evening, we had a perfect beach dinner of grilled steak and chicken, twice baked potatoes, salad, and beer and/or wine. Great conversation and great food. It was all very delicious.
Sunday morning we greeted the world around 9 a.m. and hubby and I took the boys on their morning walk. We had to leave to drop a vehicle at the airport for the the parents upon their return from their Truks diving trip. We left my two friends to bask in the sun and enjoy doing nothing. Couple hours later, we were back and I joined my girls on the deck. Apparantly, at some point, they had fallen asleep and forgotten to turn over for an hour and a half b/c the front of their bodies were a little toasty looking. Yeah, that's gonna hurt! We laid out for a bit more until the clouds starting to roll in and the breeze got a bit chilly. Thank goodness for a screened in porch! Our friends left around 6...one had to work..and the other had to check on her kitty, Slinky. Hubby and I walked the dogs...as we do every evening around 6 (after May 1st dogs are only allowed on the beach before 10 a.m. and after 6p.m...although it's a bit easier this early in the season to get away with staying out a bit late in the A.M. or going out a bit early in the P.M.). A leisurely night of a low key dinner of left overs and watching "Desperate Housewives" and "Grey's Anatomy" (can you believe Preston got shot...what a way to end the show!!!) followed.
The storm clouds continued to roll in and we got a good bit of rain last night and a bit here and there today. It's overcast and there is a nice breeze blowing..a bit chilly, but lovely for a nice relaxing day reading/writing on the screened in porch. Though I like to lay in the sun, I am not a huge sun worshipper so I enjoy days like today. Porch sitting weather as I call it. My usual habit is to get my water(or other beverage of choice), my book (and computer this year), my phone, some chapstick, a radio, and my pups and park myself in the swing on the porch. I watch, listen, read, think, etc. Beach vacation is always a decompression time for me. Alot of reflection time and I am able to sort through things so easily out here. Although I am in my hometown, I am away from work and responsibilities of MY home and I just feel SO relaxed (not that my life at home is that hard either...but I don't get to stare at the ocean and do nothing all day when I'm there either!).
So, here are some pics. I took them this morning. This is what I see when I look out from my porch and from the end of our walkway. I love it and this is where I feel most at peace. Nothing can bother me here.


7 Comments:

Blogger Kimmy said...

Sounds like a wonderful time! The pictures are lovely. Looks a little cold. Even a cold beach is a lovely beach, isn't it?!

I can't believe Burke got shot! I don't think I can handle the two hour finale tonight. I almost passed out last night from holding my breath. As I told another Grey's Anatomy fan... please pray for me tonight. For the final two hours chant: Breathe, Kimmy. Breathe. In through your nose and out through your mouth. And tongue Dr. McDreamy! ... thanks for your support ;)

Blogger Blueyes said...

Your lucky you still had power out there, I lost mine and am downloading last nights desperate housewives to catch up before the 2 hr season finale this coming Sunday and tonights Grey's Anatomy was just unbelievable!

Blogger Han Fei said...

Yeah, i ain't sun worshipper too, instead i kinda hate the sun, you don't know how hot my place is to be located at the equator....and cool windy days are hard to come by....your place looked nice...

Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

I agree with you there. Peace and quiet.

Blogger Louisiana said...

beautiful, wonderful...i'm happy for you. Enjoy every second.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice pictures, but the water looks so cold! Hope you have a wonderful time.

Blogger Unknown said...

It's so nice that you were able to get away for the weekend! The beach looks really beautiful. Reminds of my trip to Assateague I took last year. It was on an overcast weekend like this one.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer