Sunday, May 21, 2006
A Wonderful Week of Memories
I know I live in Charleston and the beach is only 30 or so minutes away, but you kinda get spoiled having it as your backyard for a week. Of course, it may the fact that I don't work when I'm out here, I don't have the responsibilities of house keeping, there is a constant flow of friends, and time just doesn't exist. I feel completely at peace out here and just feel like I have found my little corner of the world.

So, I am sitting here on the couch, drinking the last Corona and thinking back on the week. Sunning on the deck or by the water's edge, dinners at Planet Follywood, conversations and Yuenglings on the screened in porch, watching the wind carry the kite surfers down the coast at a brisk pace, playing ball, jumping waves, and laughing as the Danes dig furiously in the sand, and just enjoying the sound and smells of the ocean.

As I wait for the couch slipcovers to dry, the house is quiet except for the hum and tumbling sound of the dryer, whereas 24 hours ago at this time it was bustling with the laughter of friends, the clinking of ice in the cocktail mixer as Appletinis were concocted, and the roar of NASCAR on the t.v. I was blessed this week to have many friends filter in and out and enjoy the world that I love so much. I hope they walk away with the same sense of peace and relaxation that I do. We return to the "real" world..back to paying bills, wondering what's for supper, and of course, back to work.

We always have this place, the memories, and of course, we always have each other.

Luckily, I get to do it all again in July....for a month! Folly Beach...I love it!


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know that this sounds like a familiar voice. I am glad that you have these moments in a busy work world. July....a little to soon for me, but I am hopeful.

Blogger Blueyes said...

A month? Man you are lucky and its going to be a blast!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good time you had. I love the ocean, it soothes me to listen to the waves crashing the shore and the salty air smell.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer