Thursday, March 15, 2007
It's All About ME
Since it's been quite some time since I've done one of these let me reacquaint you with ME ME ME with 13 fun filled facts!
1. Married for 6 years to the same wonderful, patient, unconditionally loving me back man, no kids but have 2 Great Danes and 4 Cats.

2. 5'0'', 100lbs, toned/fit, and try to keep a healthy lifestyle. But I balance it all out with my LOVE of beer (Red Stripe, Yuengling, Stella Artois, Fat Tire), Marble Slab Ice Cream, and whatever Jacques Larson is slicin' and dicin' at Mercato (Mom and Bonus Dad's GORGEOUS Italian restaurant in historic downtown Charleston). Jacques is a food genius (and ain't too bad to look at either!).

3. I am a fine art and sometimes nude model for a local painter/photographer, John Carroll Doyle. I'm on my way to becoming "The Notorious Chana Spring" as I have bared bottom and breast in John's latest black and white photography book I see London, I see France.

4. I am the youngest member of the Charleston Ballet Theatre Guild. I have been afforded the opportunity to get to know the dancers, choregrapher, and people who run the show. I even get to sit in on rehearsals which is very cool. My favorite part? Love the dancers! What a passionate group! A quality I am drawn to!

5. I love ANYTHING peanutty! Honey roasted peanuts, peanut butter, Peanut butter M&Ms, Peanut M&Ms, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups..you get the picture.

6. I have my certificate in Forensic Nursing. I would like to be a SANE nurse for adults/adolescents/peds (sexual assault nurse examiner) but ULTIMATELY would love to be a CSI or Nurse Death Investigator (coroner).

7. I love to read but really have a hard time reading non-fiction. When I read, I wanna escape my reality and dive into someone else's. Some of my faves? Angry Housewives Eating Bon-Bons, The Time Traveler's Wife, and My Sister's Keeper, Door to December, and The Kite Runner.

8. I didn't pierce my ears until I was 16 because my dad wouldn't allow it. When my parents got divorced, after I was though being pissed, it was one of the first things I did. These days I have 2 holes in each ear and a belly button ring. Surprisingly, Dad accepted it all, chuckled and said, "What's next? A tattoo?" Hmm..now that you mention it....

9. Oh..if you haven't noticed...I despise the word "stepdad" and call my mom's hubby "Bonus Dad."

10. I LOVE comments on my blogs and get really excited when I get one. I feel really bummed and secretly say "What am I doing wrong?" when I don't get any.

11. Friends and family are very important to me. I believe we have REASON, SEASON, and LIFETIME friends. They all serve a purpose and should be highly regarded when they are passing through, pausing a moment, or staying for the long haul. As for family, they are there no matter what. We don't have to interact or like each other but what a blessing when you love and even LIKE the interaction time with family!

12. Thanks to my Mom and Bonus Dad my wine palate has come along way from my college days! Back then I thought I was so cool drinking White Zin and Riesling (ok chugging it from the bottle!) Caymus Cabernet Sauvignon Special Reserve (can't remember the year) was the best bottle of wine I've ever shared with my hubby, Bonus Dad, and Mom. Totally worth the $129 we bought it for! Such a full taste!

13. Jenny from Me & My Musings is a very good friend of mine from high school. Although we lost touch for a few years after graduation and now LAW school will keep her busy these days, we have reconnected and we get together we pick up with each other like there was never a PAUSE!



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!




34 Comments:

Blogger Michelle Pillow said...

I love the "bonus dad", but for me it would be "bonus mom" :)

Great blog!

Blogger Christie O. said...

great list! and great header!! i chose it because it reminded me of sanjaya from american idol telling all of us he knows how to hula. hahahaha! love the "bonus dad", that's perfect!

Blogger ~**Dawn**~ said...

oh no... now i have the commercial for Red Stripe beer stuck in my head. that commercial should have made my pet peeves list. LOL!

i love a good riesling. especially a spatlese. =) especially with German food.

Blogger Stephanie said...

Great Blog! I love Great Danes, by the way. If I didn't have a St. Bernard, we would have a Dane. I love Bonus dad too!!

Blogger Karen Erickson said...

I have a bonus dad too! He's the only dad I've ever really had so he's truly a bonus to me. :)

Thanks for visiting my blog! Fun list you have.

Blogger Cory said...

That's awesome! It's great to meet you. And thanks for leaving me a comment!

Blogger Robin said...

I'm about to start The Time Traveler's Wife, it's sitting right here next to my computer. I'm right with you on the comments thing too ;-).

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love to be 5.0" and 100 pds. My goal is to be 5.0" and 114 pds - I just started weight watchers this week - and I'm doing great. Thanks for giving us a candid glimpse into your world.

My TT is up too - all about chickens, life and art.

Blogger Chelle said...

I WISH I had the courage to bare breast and butt! Or, for that matter, a breast or butt worth baring. Great list!

Blogger Webmiztris said...

you do nude modeling? cool!!!!

Blogger Penny said...

I love the bonus dad! I have a bonus dad, and a bonus mom. There are two sisters who do deserve the word step.

Sounds like you live a happy, wonderful life! I love friends who you don't see often, but when you do see each other again it's like you were never apart. I have a friend from high school like that. (Note to self: call Linda)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love love loved the time traveller's wife!

Blogger Job said...

great post! I love the way you share so much of *you*. And yes, I LOVE the Pirates movies! The countdown is on in my household until Pirates 3!!!! {coming out Memorial Day weekend!}

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm officially VERY jealous of your life :)

I can't believe the amount of things that are going on in your life - and they are so exciting!!!!

In answer to your questions on my blog, I chose Myrtle Beach because I always imagined that it was some great beach resort on a golf course, lol. I haven't been there but for some reason I keep checking real estate there! I have heard recently that it is high in crime, but until I visit I won't know for sure. Charleston would be another choice for me, but I don't think realistically I could afford to live there.

And, just to be technical - you didn't fly into Providence, lol. You flew into Warwick, RI. EVERYONE says that because they make it out to be that the airport is in Providence, but it is about 6 miles out. I know because that is where I came from before moving to NC. I went to college in Providence, and lived there for 5 years before moving here. We went to Newport at least twice a month, we just loved it there!!!

Oops, looks like I have rambled!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm officially VERY jealous of your life :)

I can't believe the amount of things that are going on in your life - and they are so exciting!!!!

In answer to your questions on my blog, I chose Myrtle Beach because I always imagined that it was some great beach resort on a golf course, lol. I haven't been there but for some reason I keep checking real estate there! I have heard recently that it is high in crime, but until I visit I won't know for sure. Charleston would be another choice for me, but I don't think realistically I could afford to live there.

And, just to be technical - you didn't fly into Providence, lol. You flew into Warwick, RI. EVERYONE says that because they make it out to be that the airport is in Providence, but it is about 6 miles out. I know because that is where I came from before moving to NC. I went to college in Providence, and lived there for 5 years before moving here. We went to Newport at least twice a month, we just loved it there!!!

Oops, looks like I have rambled!

Blogger Unknown said...

I LOVE number 11. I've been struggling with some of my relationships recently and this brought me a lot of peace. Thank you for sharing.

Blogger Carina said...

You lead a very interesting life. It's almost exactly opposite of mine, actually, except the married part, but definitely interesting nonetheless.

You would like Terry Pratchett, I think. I define him as "satirical fantasy" (Discworld series is his best and has 30+ books.)

Blogger Chana said...

Wow! Didn't think my life was that interesting but I suppose it just may be. I just like to keep things fun and interesting. You don't have to be part of a guild or daughter of the restaurant owner to have an interesting life.

Interest is in the everday living and how YOU make it fun, special, and unique.

That's all I am doing!!!

Blogger Doug The Una said...

You know, I just recently learned that the word "cynic" means "dog" and the original cynics believed that the best way to live is like a dog. I don't know that they meant great danes, necessarily.

I have a bonus dad, three bonus brothers and a bonus sister.

Blogger Tina Bendoni said...

I, too, love comments. Feel unloved without any. And I definitely agree with the reason, season lifetime idea about friends.

Blogger Mercy's Maid said...

I loved your 13. It looks like we have several things in common (same taste in books, same love for comments, same love for our friends--even the reason, season, lifetime idea...I just wrote about that the other day).

Thanks for visiting my 13. Come back to visit any time.

Blogger Tilly Greene said...

Forensic nurse, how cool is that! About as fab and interesting as a fine arts model...nice job, keep shaking it up!

Blogger Unknown said...

I can't believe that you like Stella Artois, Belgium's worst (but best-known) beer! Give me a Duvel, Hoegaarten, trapiste or even a Leff or Chimay any day over a Stella! BTW, have you ever tried the Dominican Republic's Presidente? A wonderful Pilsner, best served ice cold.

Regards,
Keith

Blogger Raggedy said...

Your life sounds so exciting and wonderful!
Terrific Thursday Thirteen!
My TT is posted.
Have a wonderful day!
Happy TT'ing!
*^_^
(=':'=)
(")_ (")Š
Raggedy

Blogger Liz Hill said...

I love the title--Live your dog's life--that's just awesome. I love Charleston, will be in MB at the end of April and we were in HH in October (I LOVED HH)Excellent list--nicely revealing things that make you 'you'. THanks for stopping by my TT. I will have 'the rest of the story' tomorrow.

Blogger Stephanie said...

I love peanuts. Fischer makes the best butter toffee peanuts ever! They are to die for.

I need help in my TT choosing scents to use in soaps.

Blogger Angela James said...

So I shouldn't ever talk about drinking wine in a box ;)

I think it sounds as though you're way more interesting than I am! And tiny :)

Blogger Mitchypoo said...

I love your blog, the colors, it's so soothing...i'll be back.

Thanks for the TT comment and of course, I forgot to mention green beer! I liked your list.

http://mitchypoo777.blogspot.com

Blogger QueenieCarly said...

I hear you on the comment thing. It'll take over your life!!! ;)

Blogger Annmarie McKenna said...

Ooh, forensic nursing, that sounds cool! As for the tattoo...I didn't get one 'til I was 29 :)

Blogger Joan said...

Great name for your "bonus dad" -- shows such a positive attitude. Thanks for coming by my blog.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping in at my blog! Happy TT

Blogger Jenny said...

Woo Hoo!!! I was wondering how I was gonna get you to start doing these again. I know I've only just gotten into it, but at least I know once a week I have to post something. And coming with 13 of anything can be fun! :)

BTW, we can work on that wine pallet anytime you want. My dad will gladly help us with recommendations and I have tons of books from my Napa trip, ya know? ;)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice meeting you.

I'll be back to visit you some more.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer