Saturday, April 15, 2006
Umm..It was Blogging's fault!
Finally! One of my girlfriends is free for lunch during the week! Not just any girlfriend, but the one who is a single mom to 3 and attending undergrad classes in prep for law school. Her time is precious and I am getting a piece! I felt so honored...no, I am being serious. She is one of my good friends from high school and conversation is always interesting and fulfilling.

On Wednesday, we made a lunch date for 12:30 on Friday. OMG...what do I wear? how do I do my hair? I get to wear makeup...YES! You'd think I had never been out in public before. I had big plans for the day. I would get up, give the dogs plenty of attention, beautify myself, go to lunch, and then go get my passport photo and other non-fun but essential errands. I went to bed ecstatic and set my alarm for 9.

Instead of waking up to the buzzing of an alarm, I woke up to Atlas (one my Danes) whining. Never a good sign. Usually means I have slept too long. I looked at my clock...9:10. Ok, we're good. I get up and glance at my husband's clock...12:10. What??? I ran downstairs and checked the other clocks...hoping they would agree with MY clock. Nope! Damn! So much for my hopes and dreams of beauty for the day! I hurriedly got dressed, texted my friend-"I'm still coming--overslept and not b/c I had fun last night either..tell ya later", fed and medicated the dogs, slapped on a hat, attempted to make myself look less like "I just woke up..sorry" with a bit of mascara and blush, and was out the door at 12:30.

I arrived by 1:00 and had a great lunch and even better conversation. I had to fess up that I was late b/c I hadn't gotten to bed until 3 a.m. due to blogging and my body apparantly thought sleep was more important than my need for human interaction. Luckily, she is a "my-spacer" and fully understood. Always nice to have common ground, dontcha think?


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Between blogmad and blog explosion and blogging and doing my podcast, it's a wonder I get any sleep at all. I totally feel your pain. I was up until 2 last night editing and now I'm lying on the couch with my laptop plugged in again! Life in the 21st century.

Blogger Danusia said...

your blog is cool.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow...a whole blog about little ol' me! Fantabulous! We did have a great lunch and will definitely have to do it again soon! Classes are done for the Spring semester but exams start up this coming week and don't end until May 4th! Wish me luck! Talk to ya soon! --Jenny

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer