Tuesday, April 18, 2006
"What does it all mean, Bazzle?"
I love blogging and surfing other people's blogs. It's all very fun and I am learning more about the computer than I ever thought I would understand. I have come a long way from the days when I was asking advice on how to get credits on BlogMad. I must've driven those people nuts that night on the shout box. Oh, but they were ever so patient with me. Still, I feel very accomplished with the fact that I changed my template, set up links (some even have buttons!), and placed a "Rent-my-blog" section. Wow! All I ever wanted to do was get on blogger, say a few things that constantly run through my mind, and have a few people who have been so luckly to stumble upon my site read what's going through my head at various moments.

Still, after learning how to do all that I still can't set up a BlogRoll or understand what RSS feed is! I have tried to set up the BlogRoll link numerous times and all it says when I click on it, is "Error on Page." WTF? What am I doing wrong? I want to link and be "blogrolled" but can't seem to get myself straight.

I don't know what RSS is, except that it has to do with syndication and increasing traffic? Hell, all I know is that I do have some type of syndication called ATOM...past that....I have...well, no idea.

Tagged? Do I want to be "tagged?" Thursday 13? What is all this? Am I way out of the loop? Should I know this stuff? Help me out people...I want to be part of the blogger "in-crowd!"


1 Comments:

Blogger Nicoel said...

An rss feed is basically just a way for readers like myself to be able to see when you've posted something new. If you've allowed your blogger profile to save eaCH POST AT IT'S OWN Address (sorry just hit the caps key and I'm lazy) you should see a little orange soundwave type icon in the corner of your address bar (at least on firefox that's what it looks like). If you click on that, it will bring up a box that says something about saving in bookmarks. Once you click ok, it will show up in your bookmarks toolbar folder, and if you click on the link for your site on that list, which is usually just underneath the address bar in firefox, a pull down menu should appear with your post titles.

As for blog rolls, I've never had a problem with this site. Sign up is a breeze and it literally takes 2 seconds to add a new entry.

Hope this helps
Th

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer