Saturday, April 15, 2006
Indesicisive? ME?
"Where do you want to eat?", he asks. "I don't care, where do you want to eat?", I say. "Outback," he answers. "No, there's nothing there I really like," I say, but not offering a suggestion b/c I honestly don't have any idea what I want. "Ok, how about, Olive Garden," he patiently suggests. "Um, no, doesn't sound good to me" I say as I sheepishly glance at him to see a frustrated look cloud his face. Oh Lord, I think, here it comes. "Damn, woman, what are you hungry for? Help me out?!" "Sorry," I tell him, " I really just don't know what I want."

The above is actual conversation between Jaime and I on numerous date nights. Yeah, I am a bit indecisive. I would rather like to think of myself as mysterious and unpredictable. I thought men were supposed to like that! I guess it's not such an attractive feature when bellies are empty and blood sugars are low.

Luckily, with my mom's help, we have solved the problem of deciding where to eat. Obviously, I can tell you where I DON'T want to go, so instead of asking "Where DO you want to eat?", ask "Where DON'T you want to eat?" I list my "do not want list" and from there he gets to pick.

Hey, it's worked so far and who knows, could've even saved my marriage. My mom's so smart.

Now, if I could only decide what to wear to dinner...


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm the opposite, I seem to make all the decisions it seems but I'm flexible.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer