Wednesday, March 21, 2007
13 of My Guilty Pleasures


1. Marble Slab Ice Cream--Chocolate Swiss or Birthday Cake with Heath pieces...yum! I especially like it after we go out for Mexican.

2. Mindless T.V.--America's Next Top Model (especially the marathons on Vh1), My Super Sweet Sixteen (oh what I could do with the money the waste!), The Hills, The Simple Life --I don't watch these on the nights they come on, I usually catch them on when they are reruns.

3. Handfuls of JellyBellies. I do not keep these in my house b/c I will eat them until I am sick!

4. Dance/Techno/House Music. Yes, in my mp3 player right now you can find Britney, Amber, LaBouche, Gina G., Samantha Mumba, 4 Strings, The Real McCoy, Moby....

5. Celebrity gossip mags. I don't buy them but I certainly read the ones that are laying around work. Hey, sometimes when the kids are sleeping you gotta fill your time somehow!

6. The E! Channel. This channel is what got me into "Melrose Place." Now I like "The Girls Next Door."

7. A cold beer after work before I hit the hay. I know it's 8am but that's MY 8pm..plus it's occasional.

8. Teen movies--"Bring It On", "Clueless", "Drive Me Crazy", "10 Things I Hate About You", "Not Another Teen Movie", "She's All That", "American Pie"...you get the picture

9. Lifetime T.V.--which my brother so senstively refers to as "The Wife Beater Channel"...sorry if that offends anyone but I found it funny when he said it. Something about Sundays in my big chair and a Lifetime movie.

10. Paying bills. I feel accomplised when I do it. I suppose it's not something that is typically "guilty" or "pleasureable", but I feel so good when I do it so I that's why I classify it as a "guilty pleasure."

11. Peanut Butter M&Ms. I have been known to eat a whole bag by myself in a 12 hour shift at work...and not an individual sized one either. I'm talking the big size party bag!

12. The way Ambien makes me feel right before I fall asleep. A bit of a buzz, off to sleep, and no hangover!

13. Checking out people's medicine cabinets or underneath their counters in their bathrooms. Not sure why, but I have been known to take a quick peek.



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!




18 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Love this! We are one in the same, im just probably flufier than you..I love the way ambien makes me feel and Michael took me to Marble Slab one time I was addicted Pear is my favorite jelly belly

Blogger Unknown said...

That was great. I'm with you on those teen movies, don't know what it is, but they suck me right in. lol

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL, funny list! I am about an hour from Charleston (Yay for Carolina Girls, LOL) and love Marble Slab, too!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love America's Next Top Model - got to admit, truly miss Janice. Twiggy just doesn't bring the same drama to the set. Also chuckled with your #13 - what is it about other people's medicine cabinets?

I'm all about weird words that begin with Z this week.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love America's next top model...and jelly belly's. Together could anything be BETTER??

Blogger Michelle said...

Nice list. I have plenty of guilty pleasures myself, many of which involve food, tv and celebrity watching, though I generally won't admit it.

Blogger Jenny said...

And did ya see we're getting a Marble Slab right here in W. Ashley?? Oh yeah, girl...right next to Mama Fu's. I know where I'll be eating many, many meals & desserts now! :)

I love, Love, LOVE! "The Girls Nextdoor!" It's an absolute guilty pleasure, but I indulge every Sunday. Usually with ice cream.

Blogger Dane Bramage said...

Lifetime is known as "The Man Hater Network" in my house. I don't recall in my limited exposure to the channel ever seeing a decent portrayal of a masculine man. They all tend to be Neanderthals. But that was years ago and my niece love the channel.

My Thursday Thirteen #34 The 13 Things You Wish You Could Say At Work Edition is up. Stop by if you get a chance.

Blogger Chelle said...

We share a lot of the same guilty pleasures (hello, celebrity magazine and mindless television!) but I couldn't tell you the last time I paid a bill. For some reason, my husband likes to have them paid on time so he does it, himself. I know; what is his porblem? Ha!

Blogger Michelle Pillow said...

*hiding head in shame, holding up hand on the teen movies one* LOL

Blogger Mercy's Maid said...

I'm so with you on the Jelly Bellies. Now you've got me craving the sour ones. They're my favorite.

Blogger Penny said...

I love this list!

We have a M&Ms party, but we would need two HUGE bags because I can eat one too. Make mine peanut though! ;)

Wife beater channel! Hahaha, I love it!

Blogger Jen said...

We use Jelly Bellies to potty train J. They are everywhere.
I LOVE peanut butter M&Ms. I refuse to buy them, 'cause I'll eat the entire bag.
Lifetime Channel is the "woman in peril" channel.
Please don't check my medicine cabinets, the best you'll find is expired tylenol. ; )

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a lady after my heart. I have many of these but I'm too uptight to confess. hehe

Something sweet before bed, I'm all about that one! I just had my rootbeer float...yum!!

Blogger Webmiztris said...

Watching My Super Sweet 16 makes me want to go on a killing spree! I cannot watch that show!

Blogger kuanyin333 said...

Hey, I believe it's good to have guilty pleasures, and yours look great to me! Happy TT!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer