Friday, March 16, 2007
Quittin' nursin'..gonna be a Groupie!

Last night...ROCKED!!! Breaking Benjamin, Three Days Grace, and Nickelback under one roof!?

The night started at La Hacienda around 6pm. What better way to start the night than with Mexican food and beer? My husband and I met a couple friend of ours..no wait, just my girlfriend showed up b/c...oh yeah..that's right...her husband went to "watch the opening bands" (who didn't start 'til 7 ). So where was he? Believe It or Not, BACKSTAGE!!! Why can't my dad work there???

Anyway, I enjoyed my chips and salsa and 2 Dos Equis (haha..I had dos Dos Equis..anyway)..I'll bet my friend's hubby didn't get THAT backstage. So there.

After we hooked up with another couple we all knew and Feelin Way Too Damn Good, we took The Long Road to the venue. We left tickets for another couple friend of all of ours (they were going to be late) at will call. See You At the Show !(or maybe not..wrong tix got left..long story for a different day).

Three Days Grace was setting up. We missed Breaking Benjamin thanks to my 2nd Dos Equis. Dang it! :-(. Anyhow, Three Days Grace was not Painful at all, but Nickleback about had me Flat on the Floor! There is nothing like seeing Chad Kroeger wail on a guitar. He can really move those fingers (NOOO! Naughty thoughts!!). His voice is amazing...inspite of the beginnings of laryngitis. The drummer? Daniel Adair? I have never seen anyone move 4 limbs so fast in opposite directions. I could feel his bass drum in my chest!

They started with Animals..how better to get the crowd going than a song about sex? They moved through the show and pumped us up with the usual "You guys rock" and "You guys are the best crowd ever." Hell, it worked for me! I'll believe anything that comes from Chad's mouth (be gone naughty thoughts!). The various pyrotechnics didn't hurt in pumping up the crowd either...what is it about fire, oversized sparklers, and the words "You ready to fuckin' rock?" Perhaps it's ending the show with Figured You Out.

Now, that's just not fair...make me feel like a Rockstar all night long, sing those songs with that voice, tickle the guitar the way you do with THOSE FINGERS, and then shove me out the door after you told me "I like your pants around your feet"?? I may just have to Follow You Home.


7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had fun! Congrats on getting the Godsmack tickets as well!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your 13 gave me a good laugh and insite into your crazy world...LOL
Bruce Out!

Blogger Blueyes said...

Glad you had fun, I missed out getting to that one and I love all those bands but I'm gonna try to get to the Godsmack one coming in May :)

Blogger Jenny said...

You're a riot! Glad you still were able to have a great time. I'm sure the beer helped with other irritations. ;)

Blogger Art4TheHOmeless said...

Hi! I challenged you on the battle of the blogs and I just wanted to drop by and say hi. If I lose--congrats on you. I probably will since I am so new but its ok. I also want to invite you to check out my blog sometime.

Peace,

Johnna

Blogger Webmiztris said...

sounds like you had a blast! dos equis..lol that reminds me of Cancun... that was the only beer they sold at our resort! good stuff...

Blogger Penny said...

Sounds like a great time to me! I LOVE them all -- especially Nickelback!!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer