Sunday, April 01, 2007
Suck da head..um, how does the rest go?

One farmer's tan, 2 beers, a plate of BBQ, and a good bit of socializing later, and I am so glad I didn't listen to Debbie Downer who said, "This is really a kid's thing and we decided to leave. How do we get out of here?" Um, the way you got in and do you mean to say all that beer and reggae music is for the children? Hmm...children's parties have come a long way since I was a kid.

I am not one for crawfish and fried gator but I did make it out to our Lowcountry Cajun Festival. I am not sure how authentically Cajun it was but I did see some "sucking da head and pinching the tail" all while drinking Yuengling and enjoying the sounds of reggae. Maybe some of you from the actual Cajun area can tell me just how authentic our festival was. Personally, I think it's just one big excuse for people to get together, eat, get drunk, and feel cultured(??).

Well, I have to say I enjoyed my 2 beers and plate of BBQ. We (me and hubby) went by ourselves but wound up meeting friends whom we haven't seen in quite some time. Not only did we see new and past co-workers, but we finally met our friend's baby who was born NINE months ago! I KNOW! BAD friends! But, you know how it goes...you leave your phone at home when you are by their house and you don't want to go over and risk waking a new mom, blah, blah. Thankfully that hasn't been held against us!

Anyway, thanks to all of our friends that were out and for this girl and her daring fashion statement! Yes, that would be a halter top and bra (with tag hanging and all). I missed getting the picture of the lady with the salmon colored jersey knit stretch pants with the eyelet cutouts at the ankle (I suppose maybe I can cut her some slack for she did have a cast on her foot..though it was removable!) and the Grateful Dead guy with the tye dye shirt that was spinning like he was his own Tilt-A-Whirl ride at the fair. What's that saying? It takes all kinds.

Labels: , , , ,



11 Comments:

Blogger Smalltown RN said...

Things that make you go hmmmmm.....I guess she didnt look in the mirror before she left home....or maybe she is trying to set her own fashion trend....one never knows....

As for visiting when there is a new born....I hear you....should I call....should I go over....and like you said before you know it...the kids a year old!!

Enjoyed reading your blog...

Blogger mikster said...

I wouldn't have a clue on what's an authentic cajun festival but if a good time was had that's the real key to me.

Blogger Chana said...

smalltown--sad part about that is she probably DID look in the mirror and said I look HAWT! As for the baby thing, what is the etiquette anyway??? I wouldn't know, I have dogs and cats.

Happily--I just had a blast watching that guy spin around like a maniac. I think he spun himself back into the 70's.

Blogger LJP said...

Sounds like fun! I enjoyed reading this story!

Blogger Webmiztris said...

omg, that pic is cracking me up because I just watched "Slums of Beverly Hills" last night and the main girl in the movie had to wear a bra under her halter because her dad made her, and it looked EXACTLY like that....lol lol lol watch it and you'll see what I mean!

Blogger Cory said...

I have done a lot of dumb fashion things before, but I have never dressed like that! That's just amazing...

Blogger Jenny said...

Damn...and to think I spent my afternoon making frappacinos and lattes. Wish I could've been there with you guys. It would've been fun to laugh at Ms. FashionDiva together! :) Hope to see ya soon tho!

Blogger Pendullum said...

Sounds like fun and a great place to people watch!

Blogger Anthony said...

I live in cajun country (south louisiana) and its true, we have festivals all the time and love to suck the heads and pinch the tails.

I'm offended at the idea that they are just excuses to get drunk. The truth of the matter is we're just trying to keep the Catholic church in business. If we don't go out and get drunk every Saturday, we have no reason to go to confession on Sunday :)

And unfortunately, that photo is fairly representative of how things really look down here at our festivals :(

Anthony
The Insane Membrane

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...it certainly does take all kinds.

I am from South Louisiana and I do not suck the heads. But I do love crawfish.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer