Thursday, April 20, 2006
Thursday Thirteen!
I'm getting on the Thursday 13 bandwagon! Here are a few interesting tidbits about me!
Thirteen Things about Chana


1. I am a pediatric nurse. I work with babies born too early, kids with cancer, and anything in between.
2. I have 2 Great Danes and 5 cats, if I had more room, I would have more animals!
3. My dad spent some of his childhood in Hawaii and consequently has introduced me to some interesting foods...Rock Salt Plum (basically a prune with a pit...sweet and salty at the same time), Li Hing Mui (dehydrated plum with pit..sweet taste..slightly salty), Salty Seeds (same as Li Hing Mui but very salty), Rock Salt Lemon (lemon rind left in rock salt in the sun for a while until they are brown and gooey...don't eat too much...send ya runnin' to the bathroom)
4. I have rarely been taller than anyone..I am only five feet tall...most of the patients I take care of are taller than me!
5. I have swam with the stingrays and Stingray City in Grand Cayman. Very cool and they were so soft and velvety. They swam over and around you like little puppies wanting a treat.
6. I went skiing for the first time last January in Breckenridge, CO. After I said the "f" word more than a couple times, I got the hang of it and loved it.
7. Clutter makes me nervous. If my kitchen counter, dresser, floor, etc. has too much "stuff" gathering, it makes me feel hectic and crazy inside and I gotta clear it off.
8. But, I'm not a clean freak. I like a clean house but if something else is going on that would be more fun, I'm there.
9. I call my "stepdad" my BONUS dad. I hate the word "step." He is more than a "stepdad", I love him like a second dad and therefore refer to him as my bonus!
10. I don't have car payments.
11. I need to get back in the gym. Not for weight loss reasons, just b/c I like to remain active. Damn this blogging!
12. I have brown, naturally curly hair...and I love it!
13. I believe everything happens for a reason!

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
Carmen Feathers IvoryFrog Mommy-at-home Norma Lauren Mandy Mar

Leave a comment with your link and I will add you!

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It's easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!




7 Comments:

Blogger Carmen said...

Thanks for visiting my list, and glad you're joining in the fun!

And I like BONUS dad. That's a good one.

Yesss, especially to #2 - I want a golden retriever so bad! No car payments here either - yay! Swimming with stingrays sounds amazing, you are so lucky :)

Blogger Lana said...

I like the template.
Welcome to BE.

Blogger me said...

Great list!
Those foods sounds very interesting. Clutter tends to make me nervous too, unfortunately I have the worlds most untidy fiance and 2 kids (ok, only 1 of them is messing the place up the 9.5 month old doesn't do much of that yet) - so I spend most of my day freaking out about "stuff" everywhere. LOL.

Happy Thursday!
Take Care
Ivoryfrog x

Blogger Norma said...

I think the Bonus Dad thing could catch on! Interesting Hawaiian items I've never heard of.

Blogger MaR said...

Welcome to TT and thanks for your visit! Yes for skiing! just got back from the mountains and we are already planning the next ski vacation. Very interesting list!

Blogger Scone said...

I love the "Bonus" dad idea. That is so sweet. I wish more "bonus" kids would feel that way about it.

I used to live in Hawaii, too. I hadn't thought about Li Hing Mui for a long time! We do make malasadas here, though. (Like giant sugar-covered donut holes.) Yum!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer