Wednesday, April 19, 2006
What's going on in that iPOD?
I am sitting here, enjoying an ice cold Saranac Pale Ale, surfing the net as is my usual schedule after working an all nighter. Today, I am searching for new tunes.
I always have a hard time answering the question, "What is your favorite type of music?" Truth is, I don't have a type. I can have Enya and Enigma gracing my airwaves one minute and have Godsmack or Nickelback rock them out the next.

Music is my expression. I don't play music, compose, or write lyrics, but I sure do like searching for the next prospective band or individual who can move my soul, mind, and yes, booty. I've got a song for every mood. I even have songs that remind me of individuals and times in my life...don't we all? Whenever I feel my words may fail me and I need to tell someone something, I will find the perfect song to help me out.

Here are the tunes that are dancing in my ears right now:

Lynden, melodic soul rock out of Nashville. I'm in love with their song "I'm on Fire." One of those bands that you just have to say, "You just need to listen for yourself." A band that immediately when I heard them sent me to their MySpace page (I originally heard them on a friend's profile).




Faktion, a new rock band out of Dallas. My friend bought their CD in the "New Bands" section at Target and said she thought of me when she listened to it. I have to admit, she knows me well. Their song, "Letting You Go", is one song dominating my MP3 player at the moment. I, personally, would've judged a book by the cover and thought they were some young, punk band professing how they hated life. I was pleasantly surprised when I actually heard melodies, words I understood, and lyrics that made sense.



Trickknee, honest, clean, well-rounded music out of Charleston, SC. That's right! My hometown! Not only that, but one of my high school friends is in the band! Their song, "Crawl", played over and over on my computer today. I actually heard them play live first..they rocked! In this day of manufactured singers and bands, I am always on the look out for those who are just as good live, if not better, as they are on CD! Nothing worse than going to a show and listening to off tune singing and a band that sounds like they have never played a musical note in their life. No worries of that with Trickknee, they are pure, true, unadulterated talent. Way to go boys!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer