Wednesday, May 03, 2006
If these 2 can do it.....
I promised myself that I wasn't going to post on the immigration thing. What's my reason, you ask? Everyone else is saying enough about it that I don't feel the need to add my two cents! But, I saw this picture and thought, "Okay, if these two animals of different species can get along....or sometimes just tolerate one another...then how come humans can't follow suit?" We are always demanding respect, demanding rights, demanding fairness and equality..demand, demand, demand! Has anyone heard of working and earning what you want and treating others as you would like to be treated???? I am just not getting the selfish attitude of people these days. The attitudes that we are all "owed" something from someone. Get educated, work, and earn it. Quit living off the system and free hand outs...the government is not here for you to mooch off of. I don't know how many times I have been asked for free car seats("I'm sorry, don't you have 5 kids already..what happened to THOSE car seats?"), free taxi rides from the hospital to home (when somehow they found a way TO the hospital), parents of children asking for free meal trays/meal tickets for themselves OR have heard from their mouths, "I'm milking this for all I can." WHAT???? Yeah, I was actually told by a laboring mother (when I worked Labor and Delivery) that, "It's ok to have babies for a check." After 6 years of nursing, I'm still amazed at some of the things I hear and see. ER is the worse place for it. ER=EMERGENCY ROOM! This may come as a surprise to some, but being unable to take a crap is not an emergency, people! Don't take your kid to the emergency room at 1 am for constipation and eye drainage b/c you don't want to go to work! THAT can wait 'til the doctor's office opens! But, I digress...back to my original topic. If these 2 in the pictures can seem to get along and tolerate one another, I do believe that those of the same species should be able to follow their example. Sure, I'll tolerate your presence in my life. Just don't ask me to change my national anthem. Don't ask me to make special accomodations for you b/c you chose not to learn your new home's language. This is America, we speak English, we appreciate you wanting to be here and all and recognize your impact...just get legal, learn English, pay taxes, and don't ask for us to modify our culture. And as for the ones who are Americans and mooching off the system and feel that they are still owed something, Quit having babies, get an education, and get a damn job!


8 Comments:

Blogger Carina said...

LOL...I had a friend who went to the ER for a painful pimple on her hoo-ha. She was the most unabashed hypochrodriac I have ever known.
She had the nerve to complain about having to wait a long time to be seen, too! True story.

Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Very cute picture.

Blogger Gidget Bones said...

That dog and kitty are adorable!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! First off, thank you for voting for me in the battle and leaving a comment on my site.

Second, BRAVO on your post. I agree on all accounts, and am now even more shocked by what you say people demand from a hospital, even! Unbelievable!

Third, those are the cutest pictures ever! Adorable!

Very nice site btw :-D

Blogger Blueyes said...

Adorable photos. Regarding the rest of the post? I've heard just about all of those as well but when you start getting statements from "friends" of the families who know english and try put the blame of not finding funding for an illegal instead of the parents taking some responsibility in it, somethings amiss.

Blogger Jay said...

Wow, can I just applaud you for a moment?

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said! I fully agree with you. Might I add, illegal aliens are criminals, hence the word illegal.
Webster's: illegal adj. Contrary to law or official rules.

Blogger Tamela said...

Very cute dog and kitten, I love animals. I have three dogs a pug, a border collie and a pekingnese. Thanks for stopping by my blog Cheftami tonight. I visit your blog, just have not commented. I love your blogs look I wish mine was as nice.
thanks,
Tami

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer