Thursday, May 04, 2006
It's Thursday Thirteen again!

Thirteen Things songs that I love and the memories/thoughts they provoke!

1. "Winter in July" by Sarah Brightman--not only does this woman have a gift of a beautiful voice, the song is musically and lyrically beautiful. You can listen to it over on my MySpace. "Future dreams can never last, when you find yourself still living in the past.....Make the best of what's given you, everything will come in time, why deny yourself, don't just let life pass you by, like Winter in July."
2. "Summer Place"--reminds me of so many memories..days spent at Mamama's, my brother standing on my dad's feet while he danced, dancing with Dad at my wedding (he even took dance lessons with me and learned to waltz!)..uh-oh, tears are threatening
3. "Taking You Home" by Don Henley..my first dance with my husband at our wedding..even though Don wrote that for his child, the words still spoke to both of us
4. "The Phantom of the Opera" as sung by Sarah Brightman and Michael Crawford--I heard this song for the first time when I was 13 and learned what Broadway was. From that moment on, my biggest traveling dream was to get to NYC and see "The Phantom of the Opera." Finally, for my 4th wedding anniversary, at the age of 25, I sat with my husband in the Majestic Theatre, tears in my eyes as my dreams were fulfilled. Awesome show! And I love the movie!
5. "Sadeness", "Voyageur", "Boum, Boum, Boum", etc. by Enigma--ok, this music is just hot and erotic. Need I say more??
6."What a Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong--pretty much sums up how I feel, no matter how cynnical I can be at times due to being jaded by people's attitudes or things I experience at work...I look around and marvel at the gifts that God created for us!
7. "I Hope You Dance" by Leanne Womack--not one for country, but Mom played this at my wedding after she did her toast and it just reminds me to never sit on the sidelines or get cynnical or jaded against the world.
8. "Time of Your Life (Good Riddance)" by Green Day--I dedicated this to my brother at my wedding and we had our dance to it)(the only time I cried at my wedding!). I was 9 when he was born and got to share in the joys of raising him.We are really close and I love him so much. I had never lived away from home up until the time I got married (I was 22), so my leaving the house was an adjustment for both of us. Oh no! More tears! I cry everytime I hear this song.
9. "Carribean Blue" by Enya--always reminds me of our beach house vacations
10."No More Tears" by Ozzy Osbourne--told you in my profile I have very eclectic musical tastes..I love the bass guitar and music in this song, also reminds me of my Junior year in high school, particularly, rides to school with some girl I can't remember her name and the guy I was dating.
11. "Power of Love" by Hughie Lewis--my dad and I used to go to see all the "Back to the Future" movies together. Everytime I hear this song, it always brings up the memory of us loving these movies and watching them everytime they came on the t.v.
12. "Right on Track" by The Breakfast Club--again, a daddy memory..he used to listen to this record alot and I just remember we both loved this song.
13. "Good Mother" by Jann Arden--reminds me of a friend that I had in high school and for a brief moment in my adult life. She was my soulmate friend and this song is one that we heard and looked at each other and said, "That's you!" at the same time. We had an intense mental connection and hopefully one day will be able to get our friendship back. The full story can be seen at MySpace and scroll to "I've got a friend who loves me."

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!




46 Comments:

Blogger Kel said...

I love "Power of Love", it always reminds me of the movies. They were my favorite.

Phantom of the opera is awesome. I got to see it a few years ago when it came to town. I dragged my husband to it and now he's just as big of a theater fan as I am.

Blogger Unknown said...

Numbers #2 and #4! Excellent songs...and I love the story behind #4. I can see why that one is so special to you.

Thanks for dropping by my T T

thanks for stopping by -

I love What a Wonderful World and I Hope You Dance ... great list!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, nice list. I like your memories to go along- If I was going to write about my songs, they'd all remind my of dates- or what happens after a date, anyway.

Blogger Leesa said...

#7 is one of my faves! I'm up :)

Blogger guppyman said...

What a Wonderful World is a great song...

That and the Ozzy...

people think I'm a bit nuts with my musical tastes too... Oh well.. i like it.

Blogger Norma said...

Power of love is great as is Phantom. Not too familiar with the others. Although if you hum a few bars. . .

Blogger Carmen said...

i love that "I hope you dance" song. Makes me cry, but in a good way. :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love "What a Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong too.. in fact there are so many songs that hold special memories for me. Maybe I'll add this theme to my 'List of 13' to do :)

Mandy

Blogger Shannon said...

I have run across seceral music memory themes this week. I am a big fan of Sarah Brightman(vocally, not the harem stuff) and Michael Crawford.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love all those songs! Such a cool ecclectic list!

Blogger Andrew said...

Nice list of tunes, although I only found two that I really like ("Good Riddance" and "What a Wonderful World"). But that's a clever idea. Mind if I steal it sometime?

AC @ bloggedy blog

Blogger MaR said...

"I see trees of green,red roses too
I see ’em bloom for me and for you
And I think to myself.... what a wonderful world", I love it!

Blogger Dale Challener Roe said...

Or anything by Sarah Bightman

Blogger Bar L. said...

I love this list of songs and memories! It brought me back a few of my own. (Deep Sigh). Music moves the soul doesn't it?

Blogger Joan said...

I love the second part of this! The memories songs evoke are the essence of WHY we like the songs we like. Two I love are "I Can Only Imagine" and "I Hope You Dance."

Thanks for coming by my blog.

Blogger Angie said...

I love your choices..and the reasons behind them!

Thanks for stopping by my TT! :)

Blogger Tracy S said...

I love songs 6,7, and 8 :)


Great list and it is amazing how music can be so tied to raw emotion...

kind of like smells

Blogger Courtney said...

What a nice, heartfelt list of memories you've listed. Certain songs always remind me of certain memories and times in my life too. Loved reading your list.

Blogger Moogie said...

I love What a Wonderful World! It always calms me down so much. This is a great list of songs. Brings back some really good memories!

Thanks for stopping by my TT!

Blogger Julia said...

don't know a lot of these songs but will have to che them out!

Blogger Ashley said...

i love "i hope you dance!!!" i hardly ever hear it anymore but it is one of my all time faves!

Blogger -tnchick- said...

There are a lot of songs I love but I think it's take way too much thought to think of the meanings behind why I like them all LOL

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so sweet!!! :) "What a Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong gives me the chills, and I love ENYA! Thanks for sharing your special memories. :o)

Blogger Trinity13 said...

I love anything by Sarah Brightman...her voice is amazing!!!

Have a great Thursday!

Blogger Lazy Daisy said...

Totally love Phantom. Thanks for coming by.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My hubby and I saw Phantom on our honeymoon in LA. Thanks for making me think of that today :)

Blogger Kelly said...

Numbers 7, 8 & 10 are great songs.

Great TT List!

Blogger -tnchick- said...

OK, I was here earlier... I commented but I don't see it?! Weird.

Anyway - I said previously something a long the lines of I love so many songs but I don't think I could sit and think of reasons behind them all :)

Blogger Melli said...

Mmmmm... great list! I love several of these -- especially I Hope You Dance! Also Power Of Love... yep - great list!

Thanks for visiting today!

Blogger Kelly said...

Phantom is the best, isn't it?

I love the movie and I hope to see the play very soon!

Blogger karen! said...

that was a great 13 theme!
Thanks for visiting me!

Blogger momsmusings said...

Great TT. Thanks for stopping by mine!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I love the song: "What a wonderful World". It is great. I also enjoy "The Phantom of the Opera" - my Sweetheart doesn't care too much for it though.
I think that is great that you have a diverse taste. Thank you for sharing your favorite songs :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aloha! Mahalo for stopping by my TT. Yours is great!

What is the family name back here in Hawaii. My husbands grandfather was a minister on the Big Island at Kahikolu Church. Rev. Woodward. See if your Dad knows the name.

And yes, I eat Li Hing Mui seeds. Do you know if you soak some in tequila, it makes a great margarita? I sent some seeds to a friend in Arizona and told her what to do, now she wants me to send her more seeds. :)

I will add you to my blog roll so we can chat more.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so bad with the name song verafication thingy!
I just like to listen to almost everything and not wory who sings it.

I love all of those. Especially Wonderful World

Mr. Linky leaves your name as a link, but I think on some blogs you see it as **You** so you don't resign. That's my thought. At least, I hope so.

Thanks for visiting my T13!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really love that Don Henley song!

Blogger Unknown said...

Awesome list! :0

Blogger Unknown said...

Gosh those are some great songs. I love the Phantom of the Opera movie, one of my favorites for sure! "The Power of Love" is a great 80s tune. "Time of Your Life" is my personal high school song. "What a Wonderful World" is the song I think about when I see my son! Thanks for stopping by today! Great list!

Blogger Natalie said...

#4 os a favorite of mine, too. Hearing the soundtrack takes me back to seeing the show. Awesome memory. :)

I think I must live a very sheltered life because not many of these are ringing a bell for me. Maybe I've just officially gone crazy. :)

Thanks for stopping by my TT. Happy Thursday!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just surfin' by via blogmad and wanted to say... you have some great songs listed. I saw Phantom of the Opera at the Majestic Theatre in NYC a few years ago... and let me tell you... OMG! It was amazing!! I've seen it a total of 5 times now (including twice last year), and the broadway company is so much better than the travelling companies. I hope you do you realize your dream to see it in NYC, it's very worth it.

Keep on bloggin'...

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great list! I only know three of those songs.

Sorry about your friend. I had a crap friend break up about 14 months ago - we weren't soulmates, we weren't even that simiar but we were friends from year 7 at high school to 1st year uni. Then it was all over. I'm still sad about it.

Thanks for stopping by my TT!

Blogger Pe.tra said...

Nice list !!

The Phantom Of The Opera

always blows be away every time I hear it ! :o)

Enjoy your day !!

My TT is up!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great list! A couple of them are my favorites too.

hey while I'm here I just wanted to say thanks for being my landlord this week. :)

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer