Thursday, April 27, 2006
Thursday Thirteen!

Thirteen Things that I look forward to



1. Vacation at the beach house with Mom and Bonus Dad....4 weeks front beach! Sit on the porch, soak up some rays (if it isn't too hot), walk the dogs in the morning and the evening, eat when and what we want, have a cold beer or glass of wine as the breeze blows and the sun sets...it's wonderful!

2. Coming home in the morning after a hard night's work and walking up the stairs to be greeted by 2 very happy Dane boys...tails a waggin' and happy grins! Watch out when you let them out of the gate! Let them go ahead of you on the stairs!

3. Friday nights...date night!

4. South Sundays! My mom and bonus dad "adopted" a Japanese man that is an avid pool player and a talented sushi and regular chef. He often goes to their house on Sundays and he whips up a little somethin'! Yum!

5. My husband coming home at the end of the day or just for lunch.

6. Gramma's "tickles" when she's in town..the light brushing of her fingertips over my back, arms, legs...a tradition since I was a kid...better than a massage!

7. Goddy's jokes...my dad's dad always has a new joke to tell..and they are pretty funny, too!

8. A Gala gathering: complete with dinner, dessert, Appletinis, and POKER!

9. Taking my Danes to the Bark Park and watching them play with dogs of all sizes and watching Atlas swim and try to coax his brother Cole to "come on in!"

10. Birthdays! I love to celebrate anyone's birthday! Thank God we're here to see another year!

11. Opening Yahoo! mail to see if I have any comments on my blog, signing on to MySpace to see if I have any comments or messages...I know, a little bit sad! Simple pleasures?

12. My Mamama saying, "I know you do!" when I say, "I love you."

13. Seeing what each new day brings my way!

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



32 Comments:

Blogger Kel said...

I learned the hard way to let the dog go first. Simi our brittany nearly ran me over one day.

That whole beach thing sounds great. I wish I was able to do it.

Thanks for visiting my TT. :)

Blogger me said...

Thanks for visiting my T13. :-)

Great list, have to admit to number 11 myself....I am always checking for comments on my blog or over at myspace. LOL. Just got back from getting my kids photos taken for a newspaper competition and here I am straight on the computer! LOL

Happy Thursday!
Take Care
Ivoryfrog x

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greetings from up the coast (Myrtle Beach). I was beginning to think I was the only blogger in SC without 853 jingoistic banner and buttons all over my site...

Blogger Carmen said...

vacations are so much fun to look forward to.

My list
http://carmenhasgonetoplaid.blogspot.com/

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The simple things are the best things for sure

pvtB)fs

Blogger Norma said...

If you could have a birthday party at the beach house with the dogs and husband and grandpa, you'd probably think you'd died and gone to heaven!

My TT is up.

Blogger Bar L. said...

Fun blog! I will be back to read more!

thanks for stopping by my list - I like the beach photo also...every year I see that same view and I LOVE it, that means I get to spend time with my family. 20 ppl in a 4 bdrm beach house....that's fun!

what a wonderful list...I love Danes - what coloring are they?

Blogger Unknown said...

Happy T T Day!! Thanks for dropping by mine...I for one, love the beach!!

Blogger Moogie said...

Oh what a wonderful list!!!! I'm all for checking comments too. :)

My TT is up!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

4 weeks!!! wow! I'm so jealous! very nice list- good energy or something. just made me feel good for you.

Blogger Jen said...

What a sweet list! It sounds like you have a lot of good things going on in your life :-)

Thanks for stopping by!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Growing up I lived near the beach. I miss it. This is a wonderful list. I love #13.

Thanks for stopping by my TT. Have a wonderful evening. Take-Care...

Blogger Angie said...

What a great list of things to look forward to!

The beach visit sounds heavenly!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds lovely! Especially #1...can I go? :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, where's my comment? I think it got eaten...anyway, great list! How I would love to vaca at a beach house...

Blogger Unknown said...

Great page. You definitely put more effort into your Thirteen than I did on mine!! Thanks for your comment on my blog!

Blogger Natalie said...

I love that you call him Bonus Dad! :)

I enjoyed reading your list.. reminded me of things that I look forward to and how blessed I am to have those things in my life.

Great list. I look forward to birthdays too.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice post! I have to do one of these look forward to ones one day.

I love Great Danes. We've got a boxer, whenever he meets a great dane, he puts his front paws up on their backs and walks around with them on his two back legs. I think he thinks they are horses and he's trying to get up and go for a ride.

But it is hard to know what my dogs are "thinking" so I'm open to other suggestions.

Blogger Louise said...

Would love to have a dog. Nothing nicer than having something to greet you happily when you get home from a rubbish day and work, and who won't tell you about their rubbish day.

My TT is now up.

Blogger Andrew said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog and for tge tip about blogthings. I'll definitely have a look.

AC

Blogger MaR said...

I love positive, happy lists like yours! it sounds like you will have a super vacation! enjoy it!

Blogger Joan said...

I enjoyed this list of memories. Memory is a wonderful gift.

Thanks for coming by my blog.

Blogger karen! said...

Oh, those 13 things are so sweet! Enjoy every bit of all of that. All of my parents are gone now, so I just have a sister which is great, but I also have my husbands parents, and they are good and all, but they are not like my parents. You just know if we ever split up they would dis-own me too. So I enjoyed your 13. Didn't mean to bum you out or anything.

I am one also to check for comments on my blog or myspace just to see who all visited.

Blogger candoor said...

I do like your positive outlook :)

I see you had to tak the blogroll me! link off... maybe it only works when the blogroll is on the same page of code?... anyway, I like the way you think and the page looks great... hope you're having a great day :)

Blogger Kimmy said...

(I'm sorry! I clicked the auto-link thingy by mistake. I guess it's out of habit. Don't have a T13 this week... have been recuperating for the past month.)

Surfing BlogMad...
I love your site. I love the 50s style pics you have up.
There's nothing like coming home to doggies that are so happy to see you. Who could have a bad day after that?!
I love that you call your step-dad (I'm assuming) your bonus dad. That is awesome! I call my step-dad Daddy, but used to call him superman when I was little :)
Happy belated T13!

Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Nice things to look forward to. Thanks for dropping by.

Blogger Blueyes said...

I always let my dogs go first up the stairs otherwise I get trampled lol Mebbe I outta check out crashing one of those beach houses, which one were you going to? *wink*wink* :)

Blogger Traci Anerson said...

I love grandma tickles too ...but always called it "chills"...I miss having my back tickled. Thank you for sharing!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post! Your mention of grandma tickles reminded me that my sister and I used to share a bed when we were kids and we'd fall asleep lightly tickling each others arms. now I get my hubby to tickle me. :)

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer